Overwatch is a fun and powerful multiplayer shooter game, released by famous Blizzard Entertainment in 2016. The game receives regular updates and patches, along with high maintenance and new character game mode.
So if it’s you who’s gotten bored of the game or tired of it’s regular updates or technical issues, it might not be deleted that easily. That’s why you guys are here. So here, there is the complete guide to help you with any of the problems that might be arising in uninstalling the game from the system.
Also Read: All About Mass Effect Legendary Edition
Why Do People Wish to Uninstall the Game?
There are a lot of players of the game that wish to uninstall the game. There may be several reasons for uninstalling the game. Some of the reasons may be:
- It can encounter a run time error ultimately forcing you to uninstall or reinstall the game.
- The program may be affected by a virus or corrupted by a malicious virus.
- You might free up your disk space for other files.
Problems That You Might Be Facing
No uninstall option available
The problem that you might be facing is that you are not able to find Uninstall Option, maybe because it is not available. This issue is the most common issue that a number of players face. It can be fixed with Windows Removing Feature.
An unknown error may occur during the uninstallation process. It might happen because your window is not updated or due to an open browser, so retry again after closing all running programs.
If the above solutions don’t work for you then it may be because of an existing file in your system which is tampering with the process or has caused overwatch to be locked from being uninstalled.
You can use an application that can delete locked files like LockHunter, IObit Unlocker, Visit IObit Unlocker, File Governor, etc.
Overwatch don’t get delete actually
Even after you have uninstalled the game, it might not get deleted completely. Sometimes, after an installation process, the game’s data will not be deleted and will continue to take up some amount of space as before.
So try to get rid of all these kinds of files separately.
Ways to Get Overwatch Uninstall
Battle Net Application
Ignoring all the above given problems, if you are trying to uninstall Overwatch for the very first time. Go straight to the Battle Net Program and try to uninstall the program.
Steps to uninstall Overwatch with Battle Net Application:
- Open Battle.net and simply turn on the Blizzard Client (Make sure it is not running in the Background)
- On the left side of the panel, select the Overwatch option.
- Click on the options button
- Under the big Overwatch logo, click on the last option at the very bottom of the list that says “Uninstall Game.”
- Battle.net will then ask you for confirmation, select “Yes, Uninstall” and leave the rest to the client!
If this doesn’t work for you then you should start worrying about the problems mentioned above.
Alternatively, you can uninstall Overwatch from Windows Removing Feature, but it is a bit longer process and the end results are the same.
2. Windows Removing Feature
You can use Windows Removing Feature if you don’t want to opt for Ballet.net
- Click the Windows home button in your taskbar.
- Type “Control Panel”
- The Windows Control Panel will now open.
If the control panel doesn’t open, make sure to change the “View by” option in the right corner to “Category.” As you get the window, click on “Uninstall a program” option on the bottom left side of the screen.
- Your “Programs and Features” window will appear.
Here all your Windows programs and games are listed, along with the date when they were installed.
2. Simply scroll down until you find Overwatch.
3. Click on Overwatch and you’ll get the “Uninstall” option right next to the “Organize” button.
Click on the “Uninstall” button and a pop-up window will be presented to you, the same window that you would’ve gotten in the Battle.net client. Now, simply click on “Yes, Uninstall” and the game will be removed from your desktop’s storage!
That is the ending to the article, I assume that you found the article useful. If you have any further queries or you want information regarding any other topic, then you may let us know in the comment section.